View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #35
BMWSpeedFreek
Lt Col. …who can’t wait for his next track day!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Actually, as far as I know, BMW has its own ships that carry Euro-produced BMWs west, and US-produced (X5, Z4) BMWs east (so full both ways). So for your car, again, as I understand it, once it arrives in the US, it will be shipped via rail to southern Ontario, then to the province of order. So in that sense, I think it might be possible that Canadian cars do go through the arrival inspection procedure;...or they might just wait to fix anything when the car arrives at the Canadian dealership...sorry can't be more help.

Maybe ask your dealer SA (not salesman) what the process is???

Being from Vancouver myself, I too am interested in what the process is...

***Anyone with specific knowledge of BMW shipping to Canada - please jump in as my knowledge is somewhat limited having never ordered a new BMW for delivery in Canada...
•'12 E92 M3 Space Grey/M-DCT/ZCP/ZPP/DINAN/ACM Test Pipes/BPM StageII Tune & Coding/M Perf Exhaust, Race seats, Alcantra V2 steering wheel, gloss grills/ModeCarbon GTS wing/GTS DCT Tune, CF int trim, door sills/LUX H8 V3/CSF race oil cooler/Trackspec hood vents/GT4 Rep CF splitter & rotor ducting/Hawk DTC60/KW CS 2way NR/B'world/Hotchkis/Eibach/Apex
Appreciate 0