View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I don't know about that, GTRs were often criticized for their video game like feel, I don't see how some noise changes that.

Fast capable cars that can make a ton of power when tuned, but described as "soul-less", jarring and a maintenance nightmare back then.
As I mentioned above, it's a different kind of feeling. The GTR is very mechanical - you feel everything. It clicks, clacks and whirrrs like some car from the mid 1900s - it doesn't feel refined like a modern car. The car transmits everything to the driver - there is a ton of feedback though the steering wheel, suspension and seat etc. These things are very analog and raw.

What people describe as "video game" is the handling. It's not very natural how the car handles. If you think you know how a sports car drives - the GTR will break that perception. It's different. If the rear starts to slide on a traditional sports car, you'd normally counter steer and lift a bit to bring the rear back in line... on a GTR, you just keep the same steering angle, keep on throttle - the car sorts it out for you and rockets you out of the corner with much more grip than you thought possible.