View Single Post
      01-29-2023, 08:55 AM   #3
djschmitt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 DCT, Impreza MT

Adding on a bit, and agreeing, with CamasM3e93. The E93 shouldn't be purchased as a comparison to the E92, it should be purchased on its own right. For me, it ticked the boxes in the vehicle I was looking for. There was already an SUV and manual hatchback in the garage, the family "needed" a performance 4-seat convertible at a reasonable price (granted, I got mine before the prices went crazy and it was in an accident).

I use it regularly as a true 4-seat convertible with many people (and my dogs) in the back seat enjoying driving around with the wind in your hair and S65 in your ear. No one has complained that it's too cramped or uncomfortable in the back after taking full days to drive around NorCal. 2-pipe mod, carbon fiber plenum, and a tune (with DCT tune) are really the only mods you need.

I agree with you too, that the E9X platform is still a looker, though I do love the lines of the E93 with the top down, and I rarely take it out without someone commenting.

Driving by myself, there is just the right amount of power to drive within a safe range of the legal limits. I looked at supercharging but I'd rather drive a "slow" car fast than have all that HP waiting in the wings. I already feel like the engine doesn't get a full workout the majority of the time I take the car out for a spin so I do try to get in a few track days per year. You mention you have other cars for this purpose though.

Agreed that there is a potential large bill looming on the horizon with the seals and mechanism on the top so I do plan to lube the seals according to the online guide this year to try and prolong their life. I will also be refreshing the suspension this year with coilovers now that Bilstein has supply in the US again.

Also, after clicking the link above to read up, it was only for the first post. Link to the full thread above: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28701661

Last edited by djschmitt; 01-29-2023 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
CamasM3e933165.50
victo6.00