Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
I love it! I bet in your E90 you'd probably hit 150-160 on that loooooong straight.
hehe yeah, I've been looking at other M3 vids from High Plains trying to get an idea of how other cars accelerate. I do believe you're right that I could get over 150mph at the end of that back straight with my E90. Some day I'll tow the E90 out to CO during the summer and visit the local tracks for a couple months with it. It won't be this year. Perhaps next year. I would like to get familiar with all the CO tracks before I bring the crazy car here.

You know what cracks me up the most about tracking the E92? How low commitment it is to take it to the track. On Friday, I left at 6:45AM. Got to the track 1 hour later. Drove on track until 12PM. Was home by 1:15PM! Done in half a day! hahaha! Compare that to a 45 minute drive to the airport. 2 hour flight to LA. Uber to the storage. Pick up the rig and head straight to a race shop for necessary maintenance. Then drive between 1-8 hours to a track somewhere in CA the day before the event. Sleep in a hotel. Do the track event---usually multi-day (more hotel). Then drive back to LA. Drop off rig in storage. Uber to LAX. Take the latest flight I can find----fly 2 hours back to CO---usually land around 12AM. And then drive 45 minutes home. That's like a 3-4 day journey. Don't get me wrong---I'm not complaining about tracking in CA and I don't regret doing it at all. I'm just laughing at the difference in commitment between the two.
Appreciate 0