United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagta3 View Post
This has happened to me before exactly as you and it went backwards by 1 mile. I wouldn't worry about it. They had done the 3 recalls on my m3, it was a very rainy day and I had brought the car in dry that morning before the rain started and it was stored inside after the work was done so it never saw rain. I know they did not drive it more than from the bay to the storage area, they even showed me a video. Here is the response from the dealership foreman "The most likely reason for the roll back in mileage is due to the custom car key memory software that vehicle has in it. That software overwrites on the footwell module which along with the instrument cluster look for mileage tampering and will set the manipulation Dot in the cluster. In this case when battery being disconnected and both module rebooted the lower number displayed. This can happen to what we call system timing of messages and who reports first, with matching VIN# in both modules the mileages will always be off slightly this is always considered normal. This explanation is from our Foreman's since they have to report to BMW rep where they give all the insides on what the vehicle has as original, and aftermarket equipment. Also based on the logics of the software of our vehicles. I hope that this vehicle explain your question in regards the mileage roll back. Thank you."
This probably doesn’t apply to OP because they must have driven it to put gas in it
Appreciate 0