View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
I just started tracking my 2013 M3 with an ESS VT2 625 S/C without a hiccup. Have done 3 events at over 100 laps and the oil needle didn't budge. No issues, no problems whatsoever.

Contrary to the post above, the throttle response is the same as when the car was N/A. A turbo car would have throttle delay.

From my experience, everything about it feels stock OEM, except the acceleration feels like a 750cc sport bike, not an M3.
The thing to be worried about is when you start getting up there in usage. Not sure 3 days is enough of a sample size to truly test the longevity of a system, especially when you start talking about a dedicated track car, 3 days is just the weekend I've hit close to 60 days which is well over 1000 laps and have no doubt I would be having issues with that kind of usage going the FI route. If someone can honestly tell me I wouldn't, I would give it a shot, but don't think we're their yet (I may be wrong though). Think the much safer, more fun, route would be lightening the car, which would be much cheaper too, if you were going the dedicated track car route, but hey, too each his own