View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #50
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Well. This happened quicker than I planned but I'm glad to have it done. I decided to go ahead with the rod bearing replacement while everything is slowed down. Had Vortex Motorsport perform the work here in Tampa. They have done about a thousand of these at their shop and work on my buddy's GT3 Cup cars so I trust these guys. The car has about 46,600 miles on the odo. I was going to wait until 55k but not for any particular reason. Figured I'd just let it rip. Gave them a call, put in an order for the ECS BE bearing replacement kit, and dropped the car off yesterday. They knocked out the work including new motor mounts while they were in there and the car is currently going back together. The bearings are a little worse than I had expected given the mileage but honestly I'm just happy to know the last guy hadn't already had them done!
I have grown to really appreciate how special this platform is - particularly the S65 - and wouldn't forgive myself if I let something happen to this motor out of negligence. Happy I'll be able to enjoy it worry free for the foreseeable future. Long live the e92 and long live the S65! Now I'm just deciding when I want to blow another 2 grand on the Eventuri plenum...ugh

Appreciate 2