View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #49
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Had some free time with the corona madness going on. Was able to replace the spark plugs and give her a nice wash. I would have never tackled the spark plug job on my own without this forum and I'm grateful for those that contributed to the DIY thread. Was really a straightforward job. I didn't run in to many issues at all. Took about 2.5 hours total taking my time and being very careful. Not going to lie, was nervous upon initial start up after the job was done but she's code free and running smooth as silk.

The old plugs were not terrible but as mentioned before the service records only showed a 'cleaning' at 30k miles. With the car now at 46k I figured it would be worth the $80 to replace them if the car was in fact still on the originals.

I went ahead and detailed the engine bay while I had everything apart:

A beautiful thing!

I think I've officially made up my mind about the Eventuri plenum.. I need to have it. Will be my next major mod. Until then I have a track day scheduled in April barring cancellation and a photo shoot hopefully happening this weekend.

I'll finish with a couple of shots of the car after cleaning - I realize that I never really get to see the car in the sun as I typically drive it from garage to garage during the weekend. I do love this Space Grey paint.

Appreciate 2