Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
[B]
valve stem caps?

windshield?

battery?

Valve steam caps: Dorman 609-130 TPMS Grey Plastic Sealing Valve Cap. I bought a box of 50 from Amazon for about $10. They even have the little gaskets in them.

Windshield: I had mine replaced several years ago. They used a Pilkington, which is the OEM manufacturer. The invoice just says Pilkington (slr contr)(rain sensor)(condensation sensor) with an OEM part number of FW02556GYYN. The "G" in the part number I believe refers to the color of the solar tint at the top, as there is also a BYYN and BTYN. I was given a choice when the place ordered the windshield. SLR CONTR is short for solar control, which refers to the tinted section at the top. It also says "Solar" under the Pilkington logo.

Battery: there are tons of choices. You should check what came in your car, as some years seemed to get slightly higher capacity batteries. Generally speaking, it's a group 48 with 720 CCA minimum. Some websites indicate a group 94, for some reason. Regardless, I wouldn't get too hung up on specific brands, just buy the one with the longest "full replacement warranty" as that's the best indicator of battery quality. I say this because a lot of batteries are just private label.