secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
2008 335i here. I had to replace 4 of my six injectors only a few thousand miles after my CPO warranty expired (after 2 were replaced in the original recall back in like 2009/2010 but they left the other 4 alone). After a big fight, I got my local dealership to cover 75% of the total charges (bill was like $3,000) but I still had to foot the other 25%. Why aren't 2007-2009 cars included in this? I think I'll call to chat about this with them. I doubt it will get me anywhere, but maybe if others call we can get them to expand the coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj View Post
Wanna laugh ? My 2008 135 is on it's 3rd set. The original -05 where replaced with -07, then some -08 and I paid for a set of -12 last summer
Just got off the phone with my local dealer and BMW North America. My local dealer said that there is a service bulletin coming for my car at some point in the future but he has no idea when.

BMW NA stated that it's only the HPFP (10 years) and turbos (8 years) that had an extended warranty but nothing specific about the fuel injectors but couldn't be more specific than that since they aren't technicians.

As a side note, they also stated that my car still does not have a replacement airbag but it should be available in the next few months.
Appreciate 1