Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The Green/White wire can be used from the sunroof module, as this is KL15 switched power. Ground can be mounted to chassis.

There is no need to run remote power, unless installing on a convertible model.
Ah yes, forgot about that wire.

But, I still firmly think that tapping at the fuse box using a fuse tap is a MUCH better move for two reasons.

#1 to get that light assembly out you have to have little princess hands which fit between the headliner to pop the clips.

#2 if there is ever an issue with your sunroof, etc, the dealer won't blame the wiring additions/modifications going to the sunroof module. They really don't like if you tap into existing wires. And it's a pain to remove it before warranty service. Adding a fuse tap will give you a seperate fuse for the V1 in the glovebox (even though I think the V1 has an inline one already). If you tap KL15, it will be running off another circuit instead of its own for power.

On the other hand, tapping the fuse box is 100% reverseable, makes no markings or incisions on the factory wiring, and it's off of the cigarette lighter fuse so what can they say? And a fuse tap is 5 bucks and there is a screw you can ground to right there by the fuse panel. It's removed in a couple minutes, and serves to be a permanent solution as well.

I've seen dealers deny coverage based on the most unfounded conclusions, so minimizing risk is always the right way to go.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 11-30-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0