View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #114
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
I finally got around to installing them (took them to my local guy), so thought I'd share my experience.

As I previously mentioned, the quality of paint, logo, machining work and even the shipping box is amazing.

So...how do they perform?

I'm running PowerStop carbon ceramic pads, basically low dust and so-so performance pads. Before bedding in the pads, the stopping power was terrible (as expected pre-bedin). After bedding-in the pads, they are amazing. The people who chose more aggressive pads must be throwing their face into the steering wheel at every stoplight. jk

How did the feel change?

The brakes stop extremely well and it's quite obvious where the engagement point is (when depressing the pedal slightly), because you can feel the car's strong urge to stop. One difference is the pedal goes down a few mm more when you stomp on the brakes. A trade-off I'd be happy to make with the substantial increase in stopping power. The brakes still perform as expected, just much better.

However, there is a drawback, just for my circumstance... I always drive in D5 mode, where the DCT gear selection is aggressive. With the stock brakes, when you stop aggressively, the DCT revmatch downshifts. Well, these upgraded brakes stop much better than stock so the car thinks you're aggressively braking and the DCT rev matches downshifts for you. Solution is step on the pedal more gradually, drive in < D5 mode or drive in manual mode. Just something I thought I'd mention.

I really hope you guys get your parts soon and get to enjoy them!!!
Your setup looks awesome! Thank you for the update! What rotors did you go with?
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50