View Single Post
      11-02-2020, 09:26 AM   #103
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Hey everyone, and welcome back to my journal!

This update takes place in August 2020.

Awhile back, I hinted at doing a Carbon Fiber Center Console Project with my friend Alex@SpageSport. Well the time is finally here, where I show you all the finished product!!

A quick refresher in case you forgot:
  • I wanted some Carbon Fiber components in the Interior.
  • I wanted to get 100% full Carbon partsnot Fiberglass with Real Carbon Overlayed on top; this would mean going the custom route.
  • I wanted a more minimalistic feel to the Interior, where certain areas were simplified.

I turned my attention initially to Sky’s Center Console.

My car is a Single-Hump (so no I-Drive) E90, which means on my Center Console, I have a little coin cubby. I also have the ashtray holder, and the Power/EDC (No button)/DSC Switch, which I wanted to focus in on.

Keeping in mind the Minimalistic feel, I really wanted this Center Console to be SIMPLE. Here was my gameplan for it:
  1. Delete Ashtray Holder completely.
  2. Delete Power/EDC/DSC completely, and relocate it on the dash and rewire it to the dummy buttons.
  3. Delete Coin Cubby.
  4. Incorporate ARC 6-Speed Shift Plate for a clean look. Alex recommended instead of sticking the Shift Plate on-top of the finished product, he would recess it into the Center Console for a flush feel, as if it was always supposed to be there…me likey!

Here’s a visual in case you prefer actually seeing the aforementioned:

A quick reminder again that this is how my OEM Center Console looks:

So the Console went off to Alex@Spage Sport, and I will quote Alex here, “This is a neat little project that I’m really excited for!” That sort of attitude that no matter how big or small the project, Alex is determined to make it happen.

Keep in mind that this entire project involves Alex taking a mold of the OEM Center Console, and getting creative with deleting and recessing the components (No Templates over here Skip)!!!

I’m pleased to share with you all now the finished product! It’s crazy how light this piece weighs (I’m talking not even 2 pounds!!). Enjoy the entire progress of how it turned out:

A very special thank-you goes out to Alex@Spage Sport for his vision in creating a really cool racing part! Alex’s hardwork, creativity, and passion in his profession will definitely always be recognized! Aside from him building my STi Dry Carbon Wide Body Kit, I will have Alex build some additional interior Dry Carbon Components for me, as they look incredibly cool!

For now, the Center Console will be off to see Steven@Elevated Auto to get Clear Bra’d and Ceramic Coated for extra protection and durability!

Thank-you all for stopping by and stay tuned for next update!

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 4
911r891.00
leemik509.00