View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 07:57 AM   #101
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal for Sky!

This update takes place in July 2020.

As you’ve seen from last update, my focus as of lately has been to refresh the entire front of the M3.

What’s been done up to now for the front is fully refreshed OEM headlights, and a brand new Pilkington M3 Windshield.

My friend Steven@Elevated Auto prepped the car last update by removing my Front Bumper. The story with my front end is it’s heavily pitted (stone chips galore) all over the hood, headlights, front bumper, windshield.

The front bumper was the worst of the 4 aforementioned front areas. GUYS, I kid you not, the front bumper was SO PITTED that I stopped washing the front bumper completely.

Looking at the front bumper and it feeling pretty much like sandpaper, it was very discouraging for me to feel the need to clean it (terrible attitude to have, even for a highly motivated and super positive person like myself).

BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

I’ve decided that I will be getting the front bumper repainted by my friend’s shop in Toronto called Excellence Auto Collision. My friend Tommy is the Chief Detailer at Excellence, and he highly recommended I give the body shop a shot at bringing my bumper back to life. They have a state-of-the-art facility, it’s extremely clean, and they do incredible work!

In the back of my mind, I know that this is just a temporary solution, as in a couple years (especially when I get my Vented E90 Dry Carbon Hood, and Dry Carbon Doors), I want to repaint the entire car in Silverstone II again to make it museum-quality, and so I’ll buy a brand new front and rear bumper, fenders, and sideskirts unprimed so that there’s definitely slim-to-no-chance of the paint not perfectly matching!

I gave Tommy’s team some instructions for what I was specifically looking for:
  1. Front License Plate Delete and Shaved
  2. Headlight Washers Delete and Shaved
  3. Keep Orange Side Reflectors

We will also be incorporating the IND Front Tow Hook Cover with Cutout into this Front Bumper.

Enjoy some of the progress shots everyone:

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for the next update!

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 1