View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #40
jid2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post

Curious as to why the low torque rear brake pads? Why not run something with a higher torque than the fronts since you have a huge front kit and stock rear kit? Totally jealous of your front kit, btw.
I've tried high torque race pads in the rear before, and they are really hard to get up to temperature. You can certainly dial it in on a race car with balance control but in my experience really strong pads in the rear just squeak for half a session trying to get up to temperature. I've had good luck with this same combo of before - so it's where I'm starting here.

On the exhaust I'd love to try some stuff - it's just an expensive set of experiments. On my list are Corsa, Dinan, and MPE. All of these have some sort of drone control via a helmholtz chamber. I'd like to unlock a little more power with the move to high flow cats in the X pipe as well. But that's likely a project for the winter.
2012 E92 M3 ZCP MCS 2WR coilovers 600F/900R, Performance Friction ZF54 front BBK, stainless lines, Ferodo DS 2500 rear pads, Hotchkins F/R swaybars, solid subframe mounts, BE Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Bimmerworld motor mounts, AFe intake, underdrive, CSF radiator, GT4 front lip (ebay), APR GT 500, ebay side skirts, RaceEng tug, 15mm/10mm spacers on ZCP wheels, Apex ARC 8 18x10 square track wheels with Pirelli 265 DH slicks
Appreciate 0