Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
I updated the 2nd post with details on the setup, 600/900lb are the rates.

I've got a shock charging adapter with a gauge to fill them, I kind of use that along with the pressure regulator to get the pressure correct.

During my hiatas from track time, I taught myself to be a machinist and went through a whole transformation of basic machining capability to a legit CNC machine shop in my garage. I'm an engineer, and have really gotten into designing and build my own stuff. So a DCT pan seems like a good project at some point. Along with some billet jack points.
That's awesome that you can dig in and make this stuff yourself. I've never heard of anyone doing CNC in a home setup.

I see you're doing 175 psi on the nitrogen for the MCS. If you say you're feeling more weight transfer than you'd like, something that I might experiment with is going up in nitrogen pressure since you have a rig. I run mine at 300 psi (on my JRZ remote canisters). It resists leaning a bit better, and you don't get the potential negative side effects of stiffening the sway bar. With remote reservoirs, I feel that you can run higher nitrogen because there's more oil and a long oil line so it still retains a nice smoothness. It's like upping the spring rate in small amounts. The nice part of having the nitrogen rig is, if you don't like the results, it's easy to revert back.

I'm back on stock motor mounts too. Being supercharged, I seem to kill whatever mounts go in there. Plus, in my experience, the OEM ones fail by ripping, but at least the bolts hang on. On the stiffer ones, the bolts snap and then it's yucky......I had to replace an engine mounting bracket after BOTH bolts snapped on a polyurethane mount.....

I drove with MDM for 4 years without aero. In my experience, when I added aero and MDM was turned off---going over 70 mph---the aero feels like traction control, meaning the rear of the car never comes around because the wing does such a good job of planting the rear, and overall the car just sticks with aero (again, at speed). Plus you have some of the grippiest tires available. Of course, at slower speeds, aero does nothing and you need to understand the handling dynamics, but with generally stock power, the car is not super torquey, so it's manageable with modest practice---skid pads, autocross, etc.

Just take your time with DSC-off. People love to belly-ache about it. People gave me so much shit about it. Just ignore them and do what makes you comfortable. When other people start making your car payments for you, then they can have a say about your traction control status.

Have fun!
Appreciate 3