02-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #20
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
You're not protecting me when you are giving me a ticket for 1km/h over the speed limit. Chances are, you were doing 2-3km/h over in order to catch me. Chances are, I drive better than you. Why are you allowed to drive recklessly?
That was fairly ignorant; I would venture to say that 99% of the time when an officer pulls someone over, they have had to drive over the speed limit to catch up to them. Shit, how the hell do you think an officer is supposed to catch someone in blatant disregard for the speed limit? Key word being: limit, meaning the sign that reads "SPEED LIMIT: 70MPH" means you shall not drive faster than the posted limit or you are breaking the law. It's simple. Officers are allowed to exceed the speed limit in order to catch and punish whoever breaks the law. While I'm sure you think you may be a better driver than they are, and you very well may be, all officers go through extensive defensive and offensive driving courses, they're not just driving recklessly as you put it.