View Single Post
      02-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #26
billcruise
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Holy crap, 150hp increase. 100tq.. How much did your SC mod run (roughly)? How long does it take (I'd have to travel)
Roughly $10K for the blower plus installation. Bimmerworld picked up the car at my house in Cincy, changed rod bearings, installed the blower, did before and after dyno pulls and returned it in 6 days. That was incredibly fast and I don't know that they could do this every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
What are the drawbacks, does the HP/TQ get peaky at all...for daily driving, are there areas that are annoying? How is the throttle response (quick blips for Heel-toe etc)

Would my valve-based exhaust play havoc with the tunes?!

Long term negatives?! I will probably keep my car another few years at least (have about 60K on the clock).
The power band feels the same except enhanced... if BMW made a 6.0 liter S65, this is what it would feel like. There are no holes or dips in the powerband and it still has a very strong pull at the top of the tach.

Throttle response is excellent. One thing I wanted was to make sure to preserve the OEM driveability of the car. My wife enjoys this car too and there are times where we want to put the top down and just loaf around. It does that but if you put your foot into it, hold on! It rips!

The only annoying thing is with so much power, the traction control intervenes more but also more assertively. I rarely used to turn off traction control on the street but do so more often now. You just better be ready to catch it if things get hairy. I imagine that once we get to spring/summer and the pavement is warmer that this will be less of an issue.

The other thing I really like about the Harrop is there is no blower maintenance. I think the centrifugal blowers require oil changes every 5K miles? Doesn't seem like a big deal but it's one more thing to maintain. So far I have no regrets.
Appreciate 2