View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #8373
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktx View Post
That's awesome - thank you very much for that reply. Their level of communication was by biggest question - was curious how friendly they are. Good to hear your positive feedback on this.

Honestly I hadn't really considered how big the time gap between the two is & didn't realize there are a few steps kind of in between. I'm just starting to look at a bump in tires as a next possible move after I get well sorted and comfortable with my new suspension & brakes on NT01's. I'm definitely not in a hurry - I like the path you described. Will start to look at this for when it is time to move up in tires.

Thanks!!!
FWIW, I'd stay on NT01's as long as you are still improving.

I have always viewed mods and tires as something you earn.

I made the jump to NT01's a bit early in my driving career, but I stayed on for 2+ years. At TWS, a good time was about 2:00. Each year, I was dropping 2-3 seconds on those tires getting to about 1:56 comfortably. Then I tried some Z214's and was able to knock out a 1:53 without a lot of effort. Eventually, I got to 1:51's and earned my aero badge. Ran a 1:49.9 and earned my A7 badge. I eventually set the TT3 track record with a 1:47.5 on Z214's and 1:48.0 on A7's. When I would go back to NT01's I was able to run in 1:51's.

My point is that as long as times are dropping and you're improving stay on slower tires.
Appreciate 3
OG Shark4697.00
beats225.00
admranger2984.50