Captain
Rep
Drives: Smart Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_boost View Post
Thank you
Most of the ER workers their i have met because my cousin and this doctor that work their have introduced me to the staff because i was shadowing them. I was just reviewing the notes last night on our campus site and i just started getting nervous. But im actually pretty excited about it now that i think about it minus all those Exams and Quizes lol
And yes if i have any questions ill make sure to PM
Yes. Feel free to PM me with anything you want to talk about. It's been a few years since I was a volunteer at the rescue squad, but I still remember quite a few things.

Looking over the course material, one thing jumped out at me that I'm surprised to see. I'm surprised to see the Mark I kit with the atropine and 2 pamchloride. That was never part of my class and I don't think is in the current course in my state. When I first got my EMT cert, there were two types...EMT-"A" and EMT-I. The A was most of what people did. The I required some additional training as the I allowed the EMT to transport with a patient with an IV established. When the B certification came out, the A and the I were merged together. I had to bridge into the B certification but missed the window. So I ended up doing the full EMT-B class when I moved back to Maryland. In addition to being able to transport and manage a patient with an IV, the B cert allowed me to administer nitro pills and use Epi pens...only if the patient had these with them.

Anyways, back to the Mark I kit. I know about the Mark I kit because I used to work in a lab which was doing material testing to determine penetration rates when exposed to chemical surety agents. In other words, the agents we were testing penetration on materials are known as chemical warfare agents (mustard, sarin, VX, Lewisite, etc). We were trained on the Mark I kits because they were to be used if someone was exposed to any nerve agent we were handling in the lab. So I'm a bit surprised to see this as part of your EMT training class.
I just started reviewing my notes that they put up for the course, 39 chapters! 10 days before class why not prepare for myself haha. We have EMT and Advanced EMT that we can take which my cousin is taking and the Paramedics one also.