View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 08:52 PM   #98
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Like Longboarder I have some fancy cars, but I wanted a car that would reward skills on the track and yet wouldn't be a financial disaster if it was totaled (here in Oregon, unless you buy separate insurance for the track, you're on your own). I have 3 sons (7,11,15), and I want AutoX and track days to be something we can do together. The '10 997.2 GT3 became worth too much, so in came a pristine '11 e90.

I already had a C6 Z06 and don't want to see that interior again.

So nothing else would substitute for a ~$40k S65.
Ive been looking at c7 stingrays corvettes for awhile and found a super low mile (10k) 2007 Z06 for $35k at a chevy dealer close by so on a whim i checked it out.. simply put the interior SUCK's to say the very least, i totally agree its hard to get past since its so dated... however ...speaking of visceral... its a true beast weighing in at only 3100 lbs and all that torque! the LS7 427 small block is simply killer killer killer and is more fun in a street car than the s65 in my opinion. 0-60 in first gear? are you kidding!!! torque city folks.
Those who have never driven on will never really understand. read up on these guys and go for a spin in one, i promise they will make you smile or crap your pants ... they are a bargain if you can get past the interior.

That being said i wouldn't trade my m3 for one although a c7 will be my next ride.
Appreciate 0