View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #19
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
I'm doing Road Atlanta end of Feb with Chin. Will be my first time there. I am really looking forward to it. Then I'll drop my car off at VIR and run with NASA mid Atlantic for the rest of season and hit WGI and LRP as well.
Nice! You will love Road Atlanta. Turn 11 makes my heart skip a beat every time... so exciting! It sounds like you have a fantastic year ahead of you. I look forward to seeing updates about your season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicaltrabes View Post
Watkins Glen is well worth the trip. I will also say, though its really far for you, Club Motorsports was amazing last year. I only ran it for 2 days but had a hell of a time, its one of the best flowing tracks out there and some really, really fast parts to it. I also personally love Lime Rock as its very tricky to be really fast, one small mistake and your lap is done.
One day, I will have gone to all of them Oh man... Club Motorsports looks stunning, that is another one I have not heard of before. My long-term list is only growing longer now, but I'm okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Cool guy!

I ran AMP last year with their "Hurricane Relief Parade Laps." What I thought was going to be effectively a sight-seeing 10 minute run turned out to be a 7/10ths speed, hour-long run. Super fun track with a lot of rapid elevation change. I feel like we may have briefly discussed my trip there at our lunch after the Dragon Run? I'm just on the other (east) side of the lake from AMP, so let me know if you guys plan on making it over; I wouldn't mind heading out! It's maybe a 30 minute drive there and probably about the same to get to Road Atlanta.
Dude, I will definitely give you a shout before heading to AMP or Road Atlanta. I forgot how close you were, I remember you telling me now. Whenever I am in the ATL area for anything car related I will probably reach out to see if you're around, I know some great BMW people down there. It would be awesome to get the cars together again! Likewise, if you are ever in Greenville let me know!
Appreciate 1