10-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #37
gimmethemuumuu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3, SO/Bk

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Did it take the 8 hours or was it quicker? Any difference in the feel of the car?
I took the car in the night before--last Monday. They said that the update failed and they restarted sometime in the morning on Tuesday. It was done updating by about 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.

When I initially got in the car, it was a bit less powerful-feeling from a standstill--less torquey, less jumpy perhaps. I didn't read too much into that initially since I figured they probably reset the throttle adaptation at the same. I figured the car needed some time to adjust.

After a day or so, the car still did not feel as lively from a takeoff as I wanted, as I'd remembered before the update. I read up on the throttle adaptation reset since now I wasn't sure that they'd done it as part of the software update. Upon resetting the adaptation, there was a marked improvement overall.

After spending a few more days with the car now, I'm still not fully convinced that the update was a complete improvement for my car. Don't get me wrong--there are benefits: Gas mileage has improved slightly; the throttle is less twitchy, more linear; etc. I still think I need a little more time to fully evaluate the merits of the update. I'll post up again if I notice anything else in the coming days
Appreciate 0