View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #27
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
Camber has nothing to do with clearance regarding inner tire and spring perch.

I run 18x20 et 25 with a 5mm spacer and stud kit and rs3 275 with -2.6 camber up front. I had to raise it to get clearance before the spacers since i rubbed the purple off the perch down to the metal

With the spacers its no longer a problem. Which reminds me i need to go lower my car a bit.
I know that... Camber allows for outer fender clearance. Add spacer for inner clearance then outer clearance to the fender becomes an issue... Add camber to deal with that. Hankook RS3's are far narrower than G-Force Rivals. As I stated above, the wheel couldn't even get on the hub with a 5mm spacer... My picture above shows inner clearance with a 10mm spacer (et15)... 2mm max. Then I added camber... Got to -3 and they still didn't fit on the OUTSIDE. I'm wanting to get away from Hankooks because they don't make a 295/35/18 tire which is my preference for the rear.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 04-19-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 1