Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
I located a few 09 M3s, I may be interested in. Unfortunately most are black, and while not a huge fan of black cars Jerez has so much change to it I may have to look into it harder. This said, how is the quality of the paint, usual BMW orange peel? Is it impossible to keep clean and such?

The car would be JB, Black Leather, Carbon trim.
Clean: I would expect it to require the same amount of attention as Black Sapphire Metallic which is high maintanence, but those who like myself are accustomed to the upkeep of a black car wouldn't be biting off more than they could chew. IMO, it's more "needy" than white, but is there really anything as gorgeous as a pristine black vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Not sure what 'recreational' means in context of colour .. but - and admit to being biased as I chose it - Jerez is unique and, in my eyes, looks classy as well as it's being a unique ///M colour.

I bet after its run is done there will be M3 punters asking for it w/ M3 Fxx; just as there are those asking for past ///M colours no longer available. Jet will likely always be an option.

The 'petrol' blue hues in Jz = You can see some in my car (admittedly from afar) here:

Jerez Black is even more exclusive now that the two new Ms -- the X sisters -- have been let in on Silverstone and Melbourne Red paint action which leaves the M3 lineup with Jerez Black as the sole M3 exclusive color.
Appreciate 0