07-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #91
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Really hope that vibration is fixed! Weird that the OEM driveshaft is having issues at such low mileage
Fingers crossed too Dinal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr6 View Post
I'm sure partial vibration is caused by all the solid bushings. Interested to see if anything changes
I'd love for you to drive it and let me know your thoughts, Alex.

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal for my baby Sky.

This update takes place in May 2020.

Now judging by my poor attempt at a riddle, I really hope you got the gist of what I was hinting towards…HEADLIGHTS!!!!

Olives and cars have “pits” as in pitted headlights or bumpers…gosh I really hate pits!

Headlights are just one of those things that when updated/refreshed, they can make a car look new again. Sky is a 12 year old BMW and was daily-driven by the previous owner, was never clear bra-protected, and suffered battle scars that really add to the car.

Some embrace stone chips like gray hair; they say it adds character. As much as I’d like to agree, I personally feel it takes away from the appearance of the car, and can actually create less attention at say a car show (people are more likely to continue walking past a well-built car that has stone chips or pitted headlights, than stop and carefully observe the vehicle in more detail).

Not that I’m building the car for vanity purposes (I mean there’s always a bit of pride in wanting to show off your car and be acknowledged for your build), but yeah, like Gabby the Subaru, the way I’m building Sky is to make people stop and appreciate all of the details and concourse/museum-quality of cleanliness and condition, because trust me I am humbly proud to be able to build the car to this degree.

Sky definitely has a long way to go to reaching the level I’m aiming for, so I thought why not start with giving the headlights a refresh.

Now I was initially thinking small, and considered just getting my buddy at a top-tier body shop to sand/polish them, in hopes to bring life back to them.

As great of a choice that was, I also became worried about the OEM Clear Coat being applied to them being diminished from the sanding and polishing, and having to pay to get them re-cleared.

I scrapped that idea and decided to contact Josh@GTA Retrofits –– a well known Headlight Retrofitter here in Toronto. My main goal for Josh was to retain the OEM look of the stock headlights, but upgrade the performance of lights themselves.

What Josh came up with was the following:
1. OEM E90 M3 Headlight Lenses (Pair)
2. ZKW-R Clear Projector Lenses (Pair)
3. Osram Xenarc 66140 D1S CBI (Pair)
As much as I like headlight options like the DTM style, there’s just something about the OEM headlight design that makes me look no further in changing the appearance…hence why I still have the amber angel eyes.

Please enjoy the pictures from Josh@GTA Retrofits:

YES…Perfection at its finest!! Special thank-you to Josh@GTA Retrofits for the incredible work on Sky’s headlights!

These headlights will go off to Steven@Elevated Auto to get Clear Bra’d to protect from swirls, UV Damage and minimize any sort of pitting.

Thanks for stopping by everyone, and stay tuned for next update where LOTS goes down at Elevated Auto!!

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 01-16-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 3
//steve\\1074.00
acarr6407.50