View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 06:41 AM   #552
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Luck may have been on my side and it may have been looser than the other ones. I was very careful not to put excessive force on any of the components
For that rear one what tends to work best is some speaker wire or cat5 cable wrapped around the coil pack top then pinched so it doesn’t slip. Run the wire up over the top strut tower brace bar and pull using the bar as a leverage point. It works great because the pull is to same angle matching the insertion angle of the coil pack. If you try and pull straight up you’re pulling at the wrong angle.

Your pry bar does have the right angle to the pack, but I would really recommend against prying on the plastic in both places. Maybe get a block of wood across the valve cover and pry off that wood. You still run the risk of snapping the top off the coil pack. It happens way more than you would think and right now you can’t sell your supermodel gf for a new coil pack. Well you can it is just 2-3 times as much as they used to be plus a non damaged core, which you wouldn’t have.

Appreciate 0