View Single Post
      12-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Blasted GPS almost got me nailed.

Last night we drove from Orlando to Atlanta. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton (highly recommended). As we were driving uphill toward it, the GPS told me to turn left now onto Peachtree St. The light was green and I saw Peachtree on the sign, so I turned left. There were no cars at the intersection or anywhere in the first block, but something felt wrong. Then I realized it was one-way in the other direction. I saw a garage exit on the right and moved over there to pull a U-Turn when one car came down the street towards me. Of course it was an Atlanta cop. Lights, siren, high beams, searchlight.

After a bit the cop gets out of his car and demands to see my hands, so I held them up. Then he walks up and I hand him my license. He looks and says, "I see you're from out of town..." yada, yada. I explained to him what had happened and that I was trying to get to the Ritz on Peachtree Street, which I thought I was on. He says, "No, this is Peachtree Court. Peachtree Street is the next parallel street up the hill." I was actually sitting at the exit of the Ritz garage. He tells me to make a U-Turn and go around the block to the entrance to the hotel. He says, "It's a beautiful hotel. You'll like it." Then he backs off and tells me to go ahead and make a U-Turn and wishes me a good evening. Damn nice cop. I thanked him and sheepishly made my way to the hotel.

Just thought we needed a "good cop" story.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0