View Single Post
      06-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #32
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan292 View Post
pardon my ignorance, but are people pairing lowering springs with e36 bump stops because they are shorter and the car wont be constantly riding on the oem bump stops?

how does the ride quality/handling differ between a car lowered on springs with and without modified bump stops?

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm Tree View Post
I wish we had a definitive answer. I'm looking at Swift springs and can't make up my mind on the e36 bumpstops.
I have the swifts and I did buy the e36 at the time with it but didn't install it. Been driving with the swifts for almost a year and I can tell you that they do not ride on the bump stops or hit it as frequently, as everyone assumed.

2 potential reasons why they don't:
- The drop isn't as low as the H&R or RD sport etc
- Swifts are linear springs as opposed to progressive like most of the ones available for our cars

Another reason why I stuck to the e92 bump stops is that BMW builds modern cars to ride on bump stops. There is a lot of technical details about it on this site and others. So I had to consider the fact that there must have been some advancement in the quality/material/condition of the current bump stops versus ones built for the e36.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0