06-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #147
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
You missed the point -entirely- and you took it literally. The point of *me* posting that was to prove that BMW engine control works in the same way as everyone else, there is no pixie dust making S65's work differently than all other modern engine control. I'd say I'm 2 steps ahead, but it's more like 5.
Catch up, you have a lot of reading to do.
I did miss your point. I don't debate that all programing, that I'm aware of, work based on map based systems with various logic to adjust those maps. I do debate that they all have the same adaptability and level of sophistication. If that were the case, then there would have been zero forward development in engine management in the past 20 years.

Look, I get it, you tuned a Subaru and read Maximum Boost, and now you are on another level. So do you go around to all web boards and tell them that exhaust modifications will blow their engines, or are we just fortunate? Please CC me on your letter to BMW warning them that their aftermarket exhausts are putting their engines in danger. Thanks.
Appreciate 0