View Single Post
      10-12-2018, 07:04 PM   #14
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

#1 Stay away from Bourbon Street and the French Quarter in general!! Maybe during the day for Cafe Du Monde... Some of the restaurants there are good but really catering to the tourist trade.

For music, Frenchman Street is cool to walk around for jazz etc. Check out Three Muses, Snug Harbor there... For something more on the rock side, Tipitina's is great as is Maple Leaf. Both are in the part of town we call Uptown. House of Blues in the quarter has some good shows but check the calendar to see who is playing. Preservation Hall in the Quarter is cool as well but... not a fan of the Quarter but if its a good show its worth going.

For food, so many places... Jacques-Imo's is near Maple leaf. Parkway Bakery has some of the best po-boys as does Domilise's. Cochon for cajun, Coquette and Herbsaint are local favorites. For something funky try Turkey and the Wolf! I would do Peche for seafood. DTB in the Rivebend area (not far from Maple Leaf) is good as well. Some of my favorites are Patois and Upperline in addition to those above.

WWII museum is a must! It's a big place so plan on spending some time there if you have it to spare. Ogden Museum of Southern Art is also worth a stop. Swamp tours are ok if you've never seen it but if time is limited I would pass.

Cemetery walking tours are kind cool in creepy way. Given that we are built on swampland, all the graves are above ground and many are quite elaborate. Street car ride down St. Charles Ave is worth the time as well.

PM with any additional questions...

Last edited by kscarrol; 10-13-2018 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
2000cs3502.50