View Single Post
      07-15-2007, 04:32 AM   #126
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
You're absolutely correct <makes note to himself not to race a car on a track with race tires...that'd be dumb wouldn't it?!>.

well if you want to compare race compound tire times then we'll have to get an m3 to complete the 'ring with them too right?
Quote:
However, this only serves to demonstrate my point that by far the biggest variable responsible for the difference between the times/speeds these cars achieve against each other will be the driver.

Both cars are unquestionably fast.
that's why i pointed out that i like the sport auto 'ring laptimes. they take those variables out of the equation.
Quote:
What will the premium be on a E92 M3 CSL? More than the premium on a MTM supercharged B7 RS4?

How about a comparison between those two?

Valid or not?

Discuss!

i'd say it's not valid because it's not a stock car at that point. i mean, i could throw a turbo on my e36 M3 and run laps around ferraris for much less than what the ferrari cost...but i would definitely take the ferrari over my car. same thing with a fully built civic running laps around my car, i'll gladly take my car over the civic - this actually happened to me once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintenasi View Post
M3 fans - read this:

The biggest letdown - and it's a huge one - is the steering. Whereas other 3-series (and all previous M3s) read the road surface to your fingertips, the M3 is frustratingly numb on center. It transmits only the largest of messages, and effort is too light and doesn't build naturally. The ratio is wonderfully quick but, to add insult to injury, the M3's turning radius feels vastly larger than any other 3-series.

If you wanna feel really bad, you can follow the link to read the full article.

I NEVER found such a review about the RS4, although it's out for more than 2 years now. Looks like the new M3 lost it ... completely. The New King: Audi RS4. Actually not new, 2 years old, sorry.
lol. you just won't give up. that's the only thing you can hold on to now isn't it? i almost feel bad for you.
Appreciate 0