View Single Post
      07-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #119
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maserman View Post
Oh and I've owned / experienced lots of cars (bit of racing too) and always felt that for that most of us who don't have Sutcliffe's ability to power oversteer in safety around UK roads means the S4 / RS4 has always been the easiest car to drive quickly. Go drive an RS4 before commenting on how it can't be better than an M3 -it's enjoyable to drive and by the looks of AutoExpresses figures it's faster than the M3. Bit shocked but the M3's superiority over the Audi's are no more.

Bring on the RS5.
am i missing something here? did you read the same auto express article i did because i don't see these 'figures' you speak of. according to the article they consistently mention how the M3 is the faster car of the two - this is also outlined by another member in this thread - but their 'rating scheme' has the rs4 rated higher because of how the car felt or whatever...NOT because it's faster. i think i've posted enough real stats in this thread to support the M3 being all around faster than the rs4 and even on pace with the R8.
Appreciate 0