12-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #104
GeorgeA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I'm pretty sure C&D has clamped down hard on the BMW hate because it's profitable for them. The cars are disappointing compared to their predecessors, but not as bad as C&D makes them out to be. Going overboard on the BMW criticism clearly draws online clicks and magazine sales.

Motor Trend did the same thing with its Cadillac boner. Hey, let's keep saying they are the greatest cars in the world because the pro-America crowd will love to hear it. It doesn't matter that save for steering/chassis tuning, all their sedans suck in every other facet and their non-existent sales reflect that.
The criticism doesn’t make sense to me because no other manufacturer is doing better. For example, no other luxury brand makes a fun to drive 6MT 240hp RWD coupe for 35k, but BMW does. In that category MB makes the CLA and Audi has the A3.

On the M3’s note, the Quad is the only other car I would consider and it would be a fight between those two. C63 is heavier, slower and more of a luxury item compared to the M3 and Quad. The ATS V doesn’t do anything for me either.
Appreciate 0