View Single Post
      05-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
rrtr996tt
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Master Cylinder Problem?

I would welcome opinions on my recurrent brake problem. I experienced a vibration issue and ultimately fade toward the end of one of my track sessions. I took the car to my dealer and they diagnosed "warped rotors" (I suspected pad deposits) and replaced the front pads and rotors under warranty. The car seemed fine on street driving.
Before my next track day I swapped up the factor pads with Hawk HT 10 track pads, bedding them in as recommended. The car was ok first session, the vibration appeared during the next, and got more severe toward the end. Pulling into the pits, the pedal went to the floor. Upon inspection the driver's right front rotor was scored and was much hotter than the others.

In talking to some of the instructors, the prevailing theory was a sticky right front caliper, perhaps overheating and damaging the rotor and thus boiling the brake fluid. It was at that point I decided to upgrade to the Stop Tech 355 kit (new calipers, lines ect.). The install went smoothly and the brake fluid was replaced as well.

During bedding in, I noticed a grinding noise, pulled the car over and found the right front rotor very hot and my brand new Stop Tech rotor scored.

Has anyone experienced caliper release issues like this?

What other possibilities are there since I've had the same issue on the same wheel with 2 calipers?
Appreciate 0