View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #31
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

A couple days now really pushing it through the 100 degree temps and I can report with E25 mix the temperature guage is staying significantly cooler. It will not reach the hash mark after the middle no matter what. I was living at this hash mark with straight gas. Probably why it is running so well as it is cooling the IAT's and fuel mixture by having to dump more fuel in to keep a/f ratios normal and burn cooler. E25 with 91 octane gives you a 94 octane which is perfect plus the cooling effect which is not taken into account so its true anti-knock effect is greater.

No need for anymore on a stock tune as this is hitting the targets and it pulls way harder. It pulls in 100 degrees similar to how it feels at 70 degrees. Does not feel bogged down like normally happens in the extreme heat and I have been really flogging it to redline as much as I can.

Continue to log and all data logs are perfect. Fuel trims barely increased at 4. A/F is perfect, timing hits max target, and logs look beautiful.

It is a total no brainer, cheaper than race gas (same as 91) and better results for me as I used to use race gas mix with less results given no cooling benefit.

I will likely run 3 or 4 tanks in a row than run a couple straight 91 with one of the ethanol cleaners to remove any moisture or stuff left behind by e85 (so I read). Probably only will run one tank in between. I am excited to try this in winter when temps are down. Will really rip.

Surprised not more people do this. It really makes the car so friggin smooth its quite crazy. And if you log and all measures are absolutely perfect and exactly the same specs as straight 91 than you are golden in my view. The lines and such are easily built to handle e25. Heck we will be at e20 before we know it in the US

Summary 3 gallons e85 to 13.5 91 gives a roughly 94 octane mix but really it performs like a 94 octane with additional cooling and power potential from that. Love e85!!
Appreciate 0