09-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #9
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
A) Can't take time off work. Seems a bit strange to me, as anyone with income supporting a new BMW would (seemingly) be able to take off work for 1-2 weeks at his/her choosing.
Don't know what you do SamS, but some of us are highly paid because were responsible for/to clients, patients, our company, our employees, etc. Taking 2 weeks off to drive around Europe at any given time of year is sometimes not possible.

And there's the issue of family. Some of us aren't crazy about pulling the kids out of school for a week or two in the middle of the school year. Or coordinating our random two week vacation with the spouse's job too.

And BTW, some of us spend plenty of time in Europe, so while going to the Welt would be cool, traveling in Europe isn't that special ...

Quote:
B) Don't want to wait for redelivery. Also a bit perplexing to me. Although waiting is no fun, is the penalty really that rough considering you get to actually go to Bavaria where your car came from and get to experience a trip you'll never forget? Is six weeks without the car really that huge of an inconvenience?
Yes, it is. I want my car NOW. Of all people, people on here should understand the desire to drive the car ASAP.
Appreciate 0