JRF
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS (NSX, M2, e92 gone)

interesting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meticulist View Post
What, if any, effect do you feel color combinations have on the pricing / value of an E9x?

Specifically, in the case of say a 2011.5-.75 E90 ZCP 6MT, what many remark as becoming more difficult to find with low(er) miles and in good condition, how much does the color combination move the needle in your book, if the rest of the package is right, and there simply aren't many to begin with?

Even more specifically, how about the case of Alpine White over extended Silver Novillo? One could argue that this unusual combo in a ZCP 6MT E90 is "rare", but rarity doesn't (always) mean an increase in value, and if it's deemed less desirable, do you adjust pricing much?
i've pondered this myself. bottom line, different strokes for different folks and any given buyer will probably drop a few more bucks if needed to get the color that he or she wants.

Spec is most important....and at the top of the heap is ZCP, 6MT, slicktop/CF roof, speedcloth, nav-delete.... in that order.

That being said i would venture that lemans blue, interlagos blue, and melbourne red are probably at the top of the standard colors in terms of buyer premiums...... how much of a premium? complete guess here: 5%.

I think individual colors are probably fetching on average more like a 10-15% premium depending on the color.

the frozen cars don't seem to get much love on the resale market for a variety of reasons i'd venture.
Appreciate 0