Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieM3 View Post
Hey guys,

Has anyone here actually driven a new Civic Type R?

I am entertaining the idea of selling my 11 zcp 6mt for one as my daily driver. I know the obvious FWD vs RWD difference. Also, the CTR is not exactly attractive, but it’s suppossed to be lots of fun to drive.

I have read great things about it and the MPG is much higher for my 70 mile daily commute. Also, new car warranty and reliability that should be superior after the warranty expires compared to the m3.

I am currently frustrated with my m3, since the HVAC evaporator recently failed and needed replacement which was over $2k and I replaced the TAs and refreshed the brakes among other things shortly after buying my m3. I have not replaced the RBs but know it's a must if I want to thoroughly enjoy the car with worrying about failure each time I rev it to redline. However, I love the sound of the s65 as it sucks down fuel daily. LOL

I found a dealer that will sell the CTR $1k over sticker and my m3 is probably worth $30k max (55k miles). That is $7k plus taxes I need to come out of pocket.

FYI, I do not track my car and just commute and like to have fun at legal speeds. However, I read the CTR would smoke an e90/92 on a road course.

Fun to drive and reliability are my primary goals. Personally, I don’t think the CTR is that bad looking, but compared to the m3 it is ugly.

Unbiased thoughts?

Jesus Saves.
Appreciate 1
GerrS65154.50