01-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #50
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
I have no idea what's going on with these cars. Some show gains with tune, some show no gains and this clearly shows it lost power. To be precise the S63tu tunes which all are sourced from one place BTW aren't actually what you might consider a real tune. It's one of DAMOS file's more aggressive settings that DME accepts without showing any errors. It even can't eliminate CEL or top speed limiter. Did the car have catless DPs?
He should get a piggy till someone cracks the DME.
So these cars have been out for what...almost two years? Interesting that no one has been able to crack the DME for a successful flash. The dual Bosch ECUs have proven to be extremely formidable.

How are the piggy's doing? I presume owners are getting intermittent CELs and other bothersome attributes of a typical piggy. ??

So for the new M3/4's with presumably the same (or even more sophisticated tune prevention), what are the prospects of getting more power? I would think very limited, at least initially. Curious about your thoughts.
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0