View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

"Very furious"?? Over a pretty small rim scratch? You must have a pretty charmed life if that's enough to trigger a "very furious" reaction.

And why on earth wouldn't a new rim be enough for you?? It's not as if a scratched rim has compromised some other part of the car or caused you some huge inconvenience or hardship.

Chill out and accept that these things are bound to happen. Yes, it's unfortunate that it happened to you so soon, but consider it conditioning for your first ding/scratch experience. Then just get in the car, drive it like it's supposed to be driven, and soon enough you'll forget all about it -- especially since it's on the passenger's side where you're less likely to see it all the time. I have a minor ding on my right rear quarter panel and my wife scraped part of my passenger door edge when she opened the door and let it hit a concrete wall. They both sucked for a couple days after they happened, and now I never even think about them.

Bottom line: It's just a car, and a cosmetic blemish won't get in the way of the real way it's supposed to make you happy. If you MUST bring it up with the dealer, be calm and reasonable. That will likely go much farther and deliver much more of a long-term benefit than being a tool.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0