View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #26
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Can't argue with that! I had not considered this.

However.....

I'm still amazed that people use these. In my experiences, it's mostly (not all) mom & pop owned businesses and the owners (or the employees) haven't figured out email yet. I have 3 local companies that I refuse to do business with solely because they want everything (technical drawings, blueprints, bill of material, etc.) faxed to them. Pass. If I have to print, then fax, then re-fax, then re-fax.....you've already lost my business.
I still use emails when possible to send documents and such if security is not of the utmost. I know I can password protect the document but that requires extra steps also and the assumption the receiver on their end has the same corresponding software to unpack it. For documents I have to fill out by hand, it's just easier for me to send via fax without going through the extra steps of scanning and then sending.

I've grown more and more paranoid as my tenure in IT grows. This is part of the driver of me using old tech. Not all new tech is good.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
vreihen1615488.50