eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepboy View Post
Are you serious? Why?

Tesla has manufactured and sold tens of thousands of Model 3s and has hundreds of thousands of reservation holders waiting to write them a check as fast as they can build their cars.

Meanwhile, BMW, who is completely lost in this game, decides to repurpose an ICE platform as opposed to actually build an electric car properly?

People like you seem to believe that Tesla will simply freeze Model 3 development so, by the time BMW builds their first i-whatever car, it will be competing with the current version of the Model 3! Which, by the way, is an incredible car.

If someone has to watch out, I would say it is BMW...
You are clearly just talking about one market only. And that is the US. In no other country/continent is Tesla leading in electric mobility. The cars have bad interior quality, a screen which commands everything (that is not something I want to have in my car as thousands and thousands of other Europeans dont want either) AND most importantly, the European market is waiting and waiting on the Model 3 to finally get delivered (and are sick of it as a lot of customers decline their order). A lot of people are just waiting for some competitors to finally offer a vehicle in the size of a Model 3.

BTW: have you checked the energy balance of an all electric vehicle recently? It's worse than an actual car - and a lot of people around the globe start realizing this. Battery, and especially the Tesla technology is not the future.
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT
Appreciate 0