03-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #57
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
How does this Individual thing work? I see there is something called Individual Collection on web configurator but it seems limited to exterior colours only. Actually I am not sure what you get for the $3900 bucks in is priced at. Can you provide me some insight?
Yikes, a loaded question. There's the easy way (through an Individual dealer, out of the book Ind. exterior colour for $3900 and out of the book Ind. interior for $4000) or my way which I did myself.....much more satisfying BTW if you're willing to pony up a few (no.....lots) more dollars. Start with a dealer though, one who knows Individual stuff well, and go from there. If your CA advises that you can't order anything other than what's in the book, go somewhere else. We're pretty lucky here, BMW Canada will work with a knowledgeable dealership to help you design exactly what you'd like. As for euro delivery, Canada's just started a slick new program and the process is seamless. Unfortunately we don't get an extra ED discount like our U.S. friends do but feel free to negotiate your price as usual. Being honest, ED probably ends up costing Canadians more because we're paying for the trip, accomodation, etc. without any sort of compensation discount. Oh well, it's a once in a lifetime thing that'll be worth it I'm sure.

So give 'er a try and if you need more info down the road, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.
Appreciate 0