Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Tom, I might be interested in this. A few clarification questions:

1. Why does this module disable the passanger dash airbag exactly?

For safety reasons. If the passenger dash airbag was to go off without your passenger being secured by their seatbelt, it can really be a concern. With the OC3 module installed, the "PASS AIRBAG OFF" light on the sunroof switch panel will illuminate to remind you this has been disabled.

Passenger B-pillar and door airbags are unaffected.

Quote:
2. How about the driver side airbags or any other airbag that is meant for the driver? Are any of those disabled/impacted in any way?
Driver's side airbags are not affected. Since there will always be someone present in the driver's seat, ther eis no need for an OC3 sensor mate from factory.

Quote:
3. Does it have any impact on the operation of the stock 3-point seatbelt? My understanding is that the locking of the stock belt is purely a mechanical process, but I wanted to make sure an electromechanical process is not being used.
No effect on stock seatbelts, however the module does have emulation capabilities in case race harnesses are utilized in the future.

Quote:
I recently purchased an R3 device that I plan to use with the stock 3-point system until next year, and if this module works for me, I might swap some Recaro SPGs in for the rest of the summer (and use them in my planned track car next year).

Thanks.
Awesome, we're an authorized RECARO dealer and have everything needed for the upgrade when ready - most times in stock.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0