05-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #1021
z3papa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalFaster View Post
Any updates on how the Bilsteins are working? I'm not looking for new shocks, but I'm not not looking for new shocks either.
I felt the Bilstein B6 EDC fronts were a bit too high pressure for our application and raised the front up at least 2" higher than worn ZCP OEM EDC struts, and probably .8-1" higher than fresh OEM struts, which I felt was less than optimal for our use because they were a just too firm and because of the loss of camber. They have been sold and sent out with new OEM ZCP EDC struts which went in. My old set is at best compromised as are the lower control arms and thrust arms, all of which are being refreshed.

I kept the rear Bilstein B6 EDC units rather than then taking them off. The OEM rears were very shot, and I was left to only conclude the Bilsteins are better.

That said, my new alignment specs have been a bit of a disappointment as I dialed out much of the rear toe in and the car dances a wee bit too much to be confident with the go peddle. Got my butt handed to me by Cashmore this weekend. Kudos to him -- not so much to me. Once everything is in, I'll get it re-aligned and get back into the fray.