Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokemycocktus View Post
No, I couldn't a shop that offers road force balancing anywhere in my city lol.
I have the same issue and it was due to small wheel bent due to some irregular road work here.

To go forth with this, id suggest to get the road force checked and have the same shop check for any bend in the wheel.

If you are going to run the spaces, try to get balancing done with the wheel mounted to the car - this would help with getting the wheels balances together with the spacer and the disks.

I also did something that helped me getting the vibration less as I couldnt find a shop to do my wheel balancing on ground, which was sticking the spacer with the rim while balancing.

Of course, you also have to confirm that there is no issues with bushes, and that the stabilizer links are healthy.

Hope you get it resolved soon.
Thanks for the advice. I may look into balancing the wheels on the car - this is a rather easily available service.
But to me the problem with the wheels is less likely, as the vibration was present with two completely different sets of wheels as I mentioned before - summer BBS 19", obviously with no spacers, winter BMW 270M wheels without and then with 15mm Eibach spacers up front. Shimmy was present with all these sets, pronounced the most with spacers installed.

I was told I shouldn't replace only one thrust arm and that at least the bushing On the other side should be replaced as well, which I plan to do soon.

I'll go for another suspension inspection this week. Does a faulty sway bar link have play, or what are the symptoms?
Also, would a worn/damaged strut cause such vibration? The left front wheel took some damage in the accident a while ago, and the only parts that haven't been replaced are the strut and sway bar link. Visually there were completely no signs of damage though.