11-28-2018, 06:48 AM   #6
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Yeah, I've seen it. Too bad no fix was found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
I don't know if that makes any difference but I had the same issue before and solved it with this

I have Strasse R10s 20s and didn't realize but they are bored out to 73.1mm and our OEM bore is 72.6mm... that's 0.5mm difference which is nothing but in the end your rims is holding on the bolts instead of the wheel hub.. and when you get speed the hub drops and hits the inside of the bore cuz it has 0.5mm of room and that's how I was getting my vibrations when driving over 70mph...

I ended up buying those hub centric rings and it worked like magic! no more vibrations!!!
you may have a different issues but I would definitely try this!!
If your rim comes off the car easy and it's not "stuck on" when trying to take it off you may have that issue.. especially in aftermarket rims.
Give it a shot and let me know...

here is the link to rings I got
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-4-HU...S!-1:rk:6:pf:0
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that as well. But do OEM wheels require hubcentric rings? Also, quite weird that on two completely different sets of wheels the shaking was exactly the same.

My bets are on tension arm (maybe both?) or wheel bearing so far.

But the strangest part is that the shaking is intermittent and goes from the steering wheel to the gear lever and back. Can something be causing the whole subframe to vibrate that much?