Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Going to NYC on Friday evening, leaving Sunday morning. This is the only time I can squeeze in a trip unfortunately. Staying a block from Times Square.

First of all, what is the fastest and/or cheapest way to get from Newark airport to Times Square?

Secondly, what should I do with the couple hours I have Friday night and the entire day Saturday? I'm thinking of hanging around 5th ave. mostly...Rockefeller, Grand Central Station, shopping, etc.

The 9/11 memorial is on my bucket list but seems too far if I just have a day. Maybe in my next visit.

I really want the best pizza and desserts in the area so any recommendations would be appreciated.
There’s honestly so much to do but if you have never been before I would highly recommend going to the top of the Empire State Building. The view is incredible.

Regarding pizza, there’s so many good places but some on the best pizza in the city is Johns pizzeria. There are a few, the one I remember is in Times Square on 44th and 8th ave, between 7th and 8th. Another awesome spot is downtown, place is famous and has been there forever. It’s joes pizza, on Carmine st. So if you do the WTC you can hit that spot on your way back to Times Square.

If you want fine dining the choices are limitless but if you like meat, I have the place for you. It’s called Plataforma and it’s a Brazilian steakhouse....it’s one of those places where they cut the meat for you right onto your plate and have all different types of stuff. Literally worth every penny and it’s a 5 star place that’s all you can eat. It’s on 53rd between 8th and 9th I believe. If you go you will not regret that decision lol. If you want to go to a fine steakhouse/seafood restaurant, I would recommend Uncle Jacks Steakhouse located on 56th st between 5th and 6th.

Also if you have nice weather, you can go for a walk on the westisde by the high line. Some great views of the Hudson and it’s just a niceness place to enjoy the afternoon.

Like I said your options are limitless but some of the above would make it a trip to remember. Have fun!