General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
Looks like a few things all in concert.

1. Turned in too soon - At 2:58 you are about to take out the curb and you are still pre-apex on that specific turn.

2. Started your turn-in under full brake - At 2:56 you can see this. Most likely this is what snapped you around due to the rear being unloaded.

3. Weight transfer - At and after 2:57 you should have been on more throttle than is registering if not full to transfer the weight to the rear and catch the back end. This also contributed to the full spin but may have not helped anyway due to item 1 and 2.
Not sure about this. My take:

1. At 2:58 the car is pointing towards the curb because it has already started to oversteer (notice how it is not traveling towards the curb even if it is pointing at the curb).

2. The car did not seem to have started to over rotate while the brakes where applied.

3. I think getting too hard on the throttle too early is what got the car to over rotate by loosing rear traction. More throttle would have just made things worse. But I agree, once the over rotation started, getting off the throttle entirely led to the actual spin. Modulating the throttle while counter steering would have yielded a wonderful smoky drift .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 04-17-2012 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0